Terms of Service for LandingZone Users
Last updated: 1 November 2017
LandingZone is an internet service for capturing email addresses. LandingZone is a brand operated by Defusion Design Pty Ltd, an Australian Registered Company (ACN 610 982 100). LandingZone may be referred to as "LandingZone," "we," or "us" throughout this document.
The services that we operate include the LandingZone Website, available at http://www.landingzone.io/; the LandingZone subscription services available via web and email; and all relevant infrastructure used to operate the aforementioned services. These services will collectively be referred to as LandingZone Services.
By using LandingZone Services, you indicate that you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you don't agree, you must not use LandingZone Services.
1. What is LandingZone
LandingZone provides a service to capture email addresses from users, and confirm consent and interest in new products and services. LandingZone includes this service, the associated website and infrastructure, as well as other services that we might advertise or add to our website from time to time.
2. Prerequisites for using LandingZone
In order to use LandingZone, you agree to the following conditions:
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You will be bound by the terms of this document for the entire period in which you access the LandingZone Website or hold current LandingZone Services
3. What you can and can't do with LandingZone
You can do lots of neat things with LandingZone! For example, you can:
- Collect user email addresses for a new or existing product or service.
- Promote and incentivise users to sign up to your LandingZone project list.
- Export a list of subscribed users on-demand, for users that have confirmed their interest.
But you can not do these things, for example:
- Sign up user email addresses that don't want to be subscribed to your project.
- Try to export the email addresses of users who did not confirm their interest in your project.
- Continue to contact users who have requested that they be removed from your project subscription list.
- Sell, resell, lease, transfer or rent your LandingZone account to another person.
- Try to exploit, hack or reverse engineer the LandingZone Services or any infrastructure operated by LandingZone.
- Use your LandingZone Services to disrupt other LandingZone Services or any other computer or service on the internet.
4. LandingZone and Spam
LandingZone provides a service to collect user email addresses, however, LandingZone does not send marketing emails on your behalf. LandingZone sends one transactional email to confirm each email address that is subscribed to a project.
Because of the nature of LandingZone, you are responsible for complying with relevant legislation in your jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of your users to ensure that you don't send unsolicited emails. You must include a method for users to unsubscribe from your list in any emails that you send to addresses captured by LandingZone. We would then recommend that you remove the subscriber from your project list in the LandingZone dashboard, to ensure you don't re-export their email address and include them in future communications.
If LandingZone receives a request from a user that they are receiving emails for a project that they don't want, we will remove them from your project subscriber list. If we receive repeat requests of the same nature, we will remove your LandingZone account.
We don't offer guaranteed support for LandingZone Services.
We have a support email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll do our best to answer your questions - but our service is completely free, so we don't have dedicated support staff.
We recommend feature requests and bug reports are submitted through the UserReport feedback forum on the dashboard.
6. Downtime of LandingZone Services
From time-to-time, LandingZone Services may be unavailable due to network maintenance or outage - either of LandingZone or one of our server or network providers. If maintenance is planned, we will endeavour to give you as much prior notice as is reasonably possible - usually via our dashboard - to let you know that your LandingZone Services might be inaccessible. If an outage is unexpected, we'll try to keep you updated via our control panel and/or e-mail, but please note that this isn't always possible.
LandingZone is free, therefore we don't provide any compensation or credits for downtime - whether expected or unexpected. If you use LandingZone Services for which you don't pay any regular amount of money, you agree that you are not entitled to compensation of any kind for any period of time in which your LandingZone Services might be unavailable to you or others. We don't provide a Service Level Agreement (SLA) or guarantee on the uptime of LandingZone Services beyond what we've stated above.
7. Intellectual Property
You are not allowed to upload, transmit or store content for which you do not own or have the rights to use, or that infringes the intellectual property rights of another individual or company.
If somebody alleges that you are using LandingZone Services to infringe the rights of someone else, we will as soon as possible disable access to the alleged infringing content. How we choose to do this is at our discretion, but usually we'll have to suspend access to your LandingZone Services. We will also notify you by e-mail. You may contest the infringement accusation by e-mail, and we will forward any messages from you to the third-party that alleged the infringement.
Repeated and/or severe infringements of other people's rights may result in a permanent loss of access to all of your LandingZone Services in accordance with the "Violating these Terms of Service" section below.
8. Violations of these Terms of Service
LandingZone reserves the right to suspend, cancel or terminate any of your LandingZone Services at any time for any reason. We have to say this, just in case somebody does something very bad that we didn't think of and therefore didn't explicitly forbid it in here. You can be assured that we shouldn't have to rely on this provision very often if at all, because most of the things that we forbid are already covered in these Terms of Service.
If you violate these Terms of Service, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel any and/or all of your LandingZone Services, and/or ban your LandingZone accounts and/or IP addresses. You accept that you are not entitled to any compensation or credit if your Service is cancelled as a result of a violation of these Terms of Service, and we will not provide one.
If you use your LandingZone Services to commit a crime (based on the laws of Australia, the country you reside and/or the country in which your LandingZone Service operates), we will file a report with the relevant authorities.
10. Term and Cancellation
This agreement is in effect for the duration from when you begin using LandingZone Services, until either:
- You provide us with written notice to email@example.com that you would like to cancel your LandingZone user account, at which point we will delete all of your user account data, including projects and project subscriber lists. We will provide written confirmation when this has been completed, usually within 3 business days.
- We terminate your LandingZone user account as a result of a violation of this agreement.
9. Warranty and Liability
To the extent permitted by law, LandingZone Services are provided "as is," without any warranty. LandingZone will not be held liable for any form of loss relating to or arising from the use of LandingZone Services.